Artist Walk in Boston

Have you heard of the Emerald Necklace in Boston? It is the planned recreational parkway that provides people in Boston an opportunity to "go when the day's work is done...and feel nothing of the bustle and jar of the streets..." in the words of it's designer, Frederick Law Olmsted, 1870. The visitor center is located in the Fenway part of the park, a bit past the Museum of Fine Arts. Executive director Julie Crockford and the entire staff warmly greeted me and my dog by offering me a map, directions to the T, and pointing out their gallery space! They are seeking voices from the public, and their meetings are open to any interested parties.



Kirsten Borror Frederick Olmsted
Along the Emerald Necklace in Boston 

There isn't much that is "emerald" at this point in autumn, but nonetheless there was plenty of vista to enjoy. 10+ miles of walking somehow took me 6 hours, but I stopped quite often to sketch, take pictures, eat, and pour more coffee from my thermos. I recommend a map before you set out as there are very few signposts to guide visitors. I missed the Arnold Arboretum entirely because I got lost in Franklin Park. I may be spinning my imagination over the 100+ phone pics I took...stay tuned. Have you documented a walk with your art?




Kirsten Borror Emerald Necklace Boston
George Washington at Boston Common