Looking Forward to New Life






Radical Skin by Kirsten Borror

2011 Acrylic 5x5



This is the second Sunday of Advent which means Christmas is two weeks from today.  I haven't been in the party mood, however, I have been in the Christmas mood! As a Christian,  I look forward to the coming of Jesus; and December 25th is the celebration of God coming to earth in a newborn baby's skin.  I desire the new heaven and the new earth, where righteousness is at home, where there are no tears. While I wait I will be the change I wish to see. 2 Peter 3:13-14.





I bought an Advent Meditations book by Henri Nouwen yesterday and his commentary on Christian life and expectation is worth quoting.  "You are Christian only so long as... you emphasize the need of conversion both for yourself and for the world, so long as you stay unsatisfied with the status quo and keep saying that a new world is yet to come.  You are a Christian only when you believe that you have a role to play in the realization of this new kingdom, and when you urge everyone you meet with a holy unrest to make haste so that the promise might soon be fulfilled.  So long as you live as a Christian you keep looking for a new order, a new structure, a new life." Wanting a new life is a good thing! It's how you go about it.