A Wrinkle in Grief








The team eats lunch


Two weeks ago we all met to talk about the Aug. 25th event, Hidden Treasures of the Kingdom.  In the course of conversation it was revealed that we all share the same vision. When I heard that Pastor Rod and his wife and team had been to Acadia last October to do a missions trip, I was all ears. I used to live up there and gave birth to two of my three children there; why is he talking about 'missions' when I know that only Mainers and Hippies live there??  The next thing I know, I am going on a trip to Maine in one week! The team: Pastor Rod Harris, of New England World Church, Yours Truly, and Pastor Paul Biswas of International Church of Boston.








Bass Harbor Light



It was a remarkable trip. I'm still trying to fathom how I stepped foot in a state I vowed I never would again...too many memories. But I always said, I'll go if the Lord brings me there! Well, I didn't know it was going to be this quick! It was clear that we all had a role to play, and things fell into place seemlessly, as if Providence was in control...hmmmm.














At Thunder Hole, Acadia National Park









Pastor Paul from Bangladesh had never been here before. He thought it was beautiful, but "not enough people, you have to go where the people are!" But there we were, where internationals come  from every corner of the globe to work or to visit!










Acadia Park Loop Road



It's hard to imagine there will ever be another chapter after an extreme change in one's circumstances, but there it is! It was a ride in a magic elevator to a timeless, love-filled adventure; and I didn't even have to go to Mongolia to find it!
















Thunder Hole







The manager of the motel where we stayed, Abby, is a woman from Bangor, Maine who graduated from Boston College. She was the most cheery, warm motel manager I've met! On the last day we were sitting and eating in the office area and come to find out, she knows my hometown very well! It was while at BC that she dated a young man from here! And his niece graduated with one of my sons! We couldn't believe it!














AUGUST 25, 2012 Saturday, 5-8pm

Meet us and three other teams from Cambodia, Liberia, and Elsewhere.




  • Learn and celebrate what is happening among these people in New England

  • Food and music from around the globe

  • Connect, find your niche

  • Explore mission opportunities right in your back yard

  • Offer something or buy something in the Silent Auction

  • Admission is free, and you'll be given opportunities to financially support these missionaries

  • Click here to register: www.egc.org








Lunch stop in Belfast