The Way Emerges




Lining Up

In the past 9 months I have sensed collapse over and over.  It started as a hurricane destroying everything around me, but I still walked. Then it was desperately hanging all my weight against gravity to keep the family from falling down a ravine. Since then it's been about collapsing floors, crumbling ground, disintegrating foundations. Finally, yesterday I said, "what is this lie?! No! It is not true!" His word says in multiple places throughout that He will keep me standing. I have had a wonderful peace since then.





Today, I received a message from a brother. He said, "If the Lord owns us, He owes us." He defines our call, He'll defend it, and He'll deliver on a promise He's made. I am settling into an even deeper peace, and an agitated joy, the kind that makes a kid shake their hands and get giddy! How can this be? Weird, wild stuff! My verses come from King David:




He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into the spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me. 2 Samuel 22:18-20








But me He caught-


reached all the way from sky to sea; He pulled me out


of that ocean of hate, that enemy chaos,


the void in which I was drowning. 


They hit me when I was down, 


But God stuck by me.


He stood me up on a wide-open field;


I stood there saved-surprised to be loved!


Psalm 18:16-19





I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. Psalm 34: 4,5