One Place Without Tides






Christian Art Kirsten Borror Fish Painting
Swimmer in the Floods by Kirsten Borror

2012 Acrylic 5x5

The Apistogramma agassizii can be found anywhere along a 3000 mile area of the Amazon River from Peru to Brazil. This is because it is highly adaptable, and also because it stays in tributaries that are never too far from the main river. When the Amazon floods, the waters rise up to where this little fish lives and carry it along to new destinations.



Storms have been a benefit to this species because now its beauty populates a large area. It is unusual for a fish of 3 inches to survive such natural catastrophes.  I asked the Lord to shoot me to the moon yesterday, or sweep me to some distant island. So far, the spaceship has not shown up, and the flood waters in my life have not yet carried me away. My friend said because it was raining, space traffic was held up. oi.



I am not left by my Lord to drown. There is one spot in the universe where there is no tide, flood, or tsunami.  It is the habitation of the Lord. His presence with us does not ebb or flood like tides or storms although at times we feel that way. His presence is constant, steady, firm and sure.  His hand on us is gentle nurture, power, dynamic energy, surging, alive. And I'm ready if He decides to flush me out to a new destination!