Choice Food for Thought




Air Risk by Kirsten Borror

2012 Acrylic 5x5

The Ryukin is an ornamental fish that is at risk of retaining gas. Because of its thick girth it has difficulty passing gas and therefore may not maintain stable swim balance. Did you know that passing gas is a good thing? So, how might a goldfish swallow air in the first place? Well, if you feed it dry food that has air in it and floats, the fish will suck down air as a result. Stick with frozen wet food and the fish will remain balanced. What am I feeding myself? My spirit is fed through my eyes and ears especially. What are my eyes set on?


What are my ears filled with? I have been very protective of what I'm watching and listening to in media during these past 3 months and therefore am more aware of how affected I am by what I see and hear.  Fasting is good for awakening sensitivity to outside influence. Think on what is true, noble, right, pure, lovely and admirable.